Craving a dessert though dislike the nuisance of baking a big cake? That’s where the mug cakes can serve you (literally)!
The mug-sized easy cake recipes are the time saving, single serving methods to bring a smile on your kid’s face or to delight your sweet tooth.
Here are the two super delicious and easy cake recipes to try!
1. Funfetti Sprinkle Mug Cake
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 1 min
- 2 tbsp (60g) unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 large egg
- 6 tbsp (50g) self-rising flour
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- A pinch of salt
- Funfetti Sprinkles
- Whipped cream for topping
- Put the butter in your mug and microwave for 20 – 30 seconds until it melts.
- Once melted add egg in it and blend using a fork.
- Further, add in the milk, sugar, and vanilla essence and stir thoroughly.
- Then put the self-rising flour along with salt and gently mix the batter using fork until smooth.
Tip: If you don’t have self-rising flour you can make it at home by adding 2 tsp of baking powder to 150g/1 cup of plain flour.
- Finally, add the funfetti sprinkles and fold them into the batter.
- Place your mug in the center of the microwave oven and bake on high for 50 seconds or until it has risen sufficiently.
- Note: Do not to overcook else the cake will dry out quickly.
- Check if it is firm on touching and let it cool.
- Top it with some frosting and sprinkle little bit more sprinkles on the top.
- Your mug cake is ready to hog on!
2. Sundae Caramel Mug Cake
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 5 mins
- 2 tbsp self-rising flour
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp instant espresso powder
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 dark chocolate bar (any of your choice)
- Caramel sauce
- Chocolate sauce
- Whipped cream
- Crushed cookie
- Vanilla ice cream
- Toasted crushed nuts
- Place chocolate chips and butter in a mug and heat for about 45 seconds on medium power. Keep stirring in between after every 15 seconds.
- In another bowl, mix the self-rising flour and salt.
- Next add the egg, espresso powder, and vanilla essence and whisk properly.
- In the melted chocolate stir in sugar and cocoa powder then add the egg mixture as well as the flour mixture.
- Remember to stir thoroughly to remove all the lumps.
- After that microwave the mug for 30 seconds on the medium power. Stir once in between and again microwave for 35 seconds on medium power.
- You will see the cake will rise over the top of your mug when done.
- Bring it out and insert the chocolate bar down into the middle of the cake.
- Note: Be careful not to burn your fingers while doing so.
- Now microwave for another 40 seconds on the same medium power.
- Allow the cake to cool for 2 minutes.
- Top your mug cake with a large scoop of vanilla ice cream, caramel sauce, chocolate sauce, whipped cream, toasted and crushed nuts, and a crushed cookie.
- Savor your mini cake!