We all look for delicious but simple recipes to cook. And, with easy crock pot recipes are just what you need.
With the use of crock pots or slow cookers, you can make cooking your easiest chore. Your dinner will basically make itself while you enjoy a lot more leisure time!
Simply Yummy Potato Soup In A Crock Pot
This potato soup recipe is the easiest and tastiest dish to make in a Crock Pot. Potato soup is the ultimate comfort food loaded with creamy warmth. It is also a very budget friendly dish. The preparation time is less than 5 minutes and the cooking time is 4 hours in your Crock Pot. The slow cooking can be further extended as per your wish and convenience. This recipe serves 4 people.
- 2 lbs peeled and diced potatoes
- 1 diced onion
- 6 minced garlic cloves
- 10 diced bacon strips
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 4 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup of corn starch
- 12 oz of evaporated milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper as per taste
- Tip the diced potatoes, onion, garlic, bacon, broth and parsley into the Crock Pot. Stir it thoroughly and then flavour with salt and pepper as per taste. Leave to cook in the slow cooker for 3-4 hours or until the potatoes are fully tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the corn starch with a couple tablespoons of the evaporated milk to form a slurry.
- Add the slurry to the cooked potato mixture and stir well. Gradually add the evaporated milk and keep stirring until well combined. Set the Crock Pot at the lowest setting and leave to thicken and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Run a hand blender through the soup mixture. The soup should be chunky and not paste like.
- Add the shredded cheddar cheese , sour cream and butter. Keep stirring until fully combined and creamy.
- Continue cooking the soup as you taste the seasoning.
- If the soup is too thick, add some more of the broth.
- Serve warm garnished with bits of bacon, cheese and dollop of sour cream.
Cheesy Creamy Corn
This is another extremely easy Crock Pot recipe. It is a simple, yummy, rich, and creamy dish which can perfectly complement your main dish or it can even be eaten as a snack. It has just 5 ingredients to be dropped into your Crock Pot, cover, stir, and simmer! The preparation time is less than 5 minutes and the cooking time is 3.5 hours on high or 6.5 hours on low in your Crock Pot. This recipe serves 4-6 people.
- 15 oz of canned corn kernels, drained and rinsed
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup full fat milk
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ¼ Tsp pepper
- Salt to taste
- Add corn, milk, sugar, and pepper into the Crock Pot. Without stirring, top with butter and cream cheese. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 6 hours.
- Open the lid and stir well until all the ingredients combine well together.
- Cover again and slow cook for 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately garnished with fresh green herbs and olives (optional)