According to me, lasagna is one comfort food that makes your soul happy with its cheesy delight. My kid loves to gorge on when I make lasagna at my home. I thought, why not I share two of my favorite easy lasagna recipes to you. Here are they-
1. Yummy Spinach Lasagna
Who doesn’t love dense layers of noodles, spinach, ricotta, Mozzarella, and sauce? Whenever I make this at my home, the kids can’t stop jumping with excitement. Me too! Here is the first of the easy lasagna recipes
– Butter, 2 tablespoons
– Minced garlic, 1 tablespoon
– Minced fresh thyme, 2 teaspoons
– Fresh spinach, 6 ounces
– Ricotta cheese, 2 lbs.
– 1 egg
– Salt, a ½ teaspoon
– Nutmeg, a ¼ teaspoon
– Lemon juice (optional)
– Lasagna noodles, 12 no-boil
– Spaghetti sauce or marinara sauce, 1 jar
– Shredded Mozzarella cheese, 2 cups
• Over medium heat, melt butter. In it add thyme and garlic. Sauté these ingredients for 2-3 minutes. Now add spinach. Saute for about 2 minutes. Remove the skillet.
• In a big bowl, combine egg, ricotta, nutmeg, salt, and lemon juice. In it, add the sauteed spinach and mix it.
• Transfer some portion of the mixture to the food processor. Break up the spinach pieces for a nice texture.
• At 375°F preheat the oven. On a pan spread some tomato sauce at the bottom. Over it, place a layer of 3 lasagna noodles, the 1/3 spinach mixture, ¼ of both tomato sauce and cheese.
• Repeat the process once. Over the two layers pour a ½ cup of water. Repeat again and end with noodles, cheese, and sauce. Pour another the half cup water over it. Now cover it entirely with oiled foil.
• Bake for 30 to40 minutes. The liquid will start to bubble and noodles would get soft. Remove the oiled foil — bake like that for 10 minutes.
• Before serving wait for 10-15 minutes, so the noodles can soak up all the extra moisture.
2. Slow Cooker Lasagna
This is the easiest lasagna recipe that possibly ever exist. No need of boiling the lasagna noodles beforehand. Your friends and family will love this slow-cooked lasagna.
– Olive oil, 1 tablespoon
– Onion chopped, 1 medium
– Ground beef or turkey, 1 pound
– Garlic, 4 cloves, minced
– Marinara sauce, 2 jars
– Lasagna noodles, 10
– Mozzarella cheese, 10 ounces
– Parmesan cheese, grated
– Parsley or basil, freshly chopped
• Heat the olive oil at medium-high heat, in a skillet. When the smoke starts to come out add onion in it. For 1-2 minutes cook until it softens.
• Add ground beef or turkey on the skillet. Season the meat with pepper and salt. Cook until it gets brown and breaks up the beef meat or turkey meat into small pieces while cooking.
• Then add garlic to it and for 30 seconds stir it. Remove the pan from the heat.
• Spread some marinara sauce at the bottom of the slow cooker. Make one layer of noodles. Break them up as required. Top the layer with 1/3 of meat, another layer of marinara sauce and shredded mozzarella of 2/3 cup.
• Repeat the layering process two more times. Top all these layers with noodles, more sauce and a ½ cup of mozzarella.
• Cook in the crockpot on low heat for 4 hours till the noodles get soft. Turn the heat off. Let it sit for some minutes, then share this yummy dish with your loved ones.